Pablo Balza, Sports Reporter

Multiple NBA players that tested positive for the coronavirus last month have now recovered.

The NBA had temporarily suspended the 2019-20 season because of the COVID-19 pandemic on March 11 after a Utah Jazz player had tested positive.

Despite the suspension the virus managed to spread across many NBA teams. Players on the Boston Celtics, Denver Nuggets, Utah Jazz, Detroit Pistons, Los Angeles Lakers and Brooklyn Nets had tested positive for COVID-19 last month.

All those affected were required to isolate themselves for 14 days and have medical staff check on them constantly to see if they showed any symptoms and if their conditions worsened.

Whether the NBA season will resume or gets called-off completely remains uncertain as the pandemic continues to spread.

Boston Celtics guard Marcus Smart had tested positive for COVID-19 on March 19. Smart took to Twitter to announce his recovery from the COVID-19 on March 30.

Smart urged everyone to stay safe and stay “together — apart” in his tweet. Isolation is considered one of the best ways to prevent the spread of the virus.

Humber junior varsity basketball player, Romeo Osas-Joshua spoke about Smart’s situation.

“Seeing another NBA star contracting the COVID-19 is hard to swallow, anybody can contract the virus, Osas-Joshua said.

“I’m glad he is healthy and recovered but this tells us to take how dangerous this virus is and everyone should take more precautions than before for your health,” he said.

All Utah Jazz players, including Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell that had tested positive for COVID-19 on March 7, completed their self-quarantine periods and were cleared by the Utah Department of Health on March 27.

Gobert asked the Twitterverse if loss of smell and taste was because of COVID-19 in a tweet on Sunday.

Detroit Pistons forward Christian Wood’s agent Adam Pensack told WXYZ-TV that Wood had “fully recovered” on March 25 a little less than two weeks after he tested positive for COVID-19 on March 14.

Brooklyn Nets forward Kevin Durant was the latest NBA star to test positive for COVID-19 along with three other Nets on March 17.

Athletic reporter Alex Schiffer tweeted that Nets GM Sean Parker confirmed all Nets staff and players have completely recovered from COVID-19.

General Manager of the Brooklyn Nets Sean Marks told The Athletic that all his team personnel including four players that were COVID-19 positive were determined to be symptom free on April 1.

Humber varsity basketball player Shae Phillips is concerned over Durant’s health.

“This virus is attacking everybody simultaneously, it’s sad how Kevin Durant got the virus — he’s one of the best players in the league,” Phillips said. “The NBA being cancelled because of a virus, it’s sad for a lot of people.”